Greek Cinnamon Pork and Pasta

Hirino Yiouvetsi is the fancy Greek name for Greek Cinnamon Pork and Pasta, but it is delicious whatever you call it. I've based this cheats version on a recipe by George Columbaris, but feel free to make any adjustments you like. It is so simple to throw together and leave in the oven for a few hours, and the cinnamon gives it a subtle taste that is both different and delicious. This is perfect comfort food now that we are into the cooler weather of Autumn.


Murray Valley Pork sent me some delicious high welfare pork to try and I couldn't wait to give it a run in this recipe. I had thought this was pork shoulder, and I was super impressed with the marbling, but it turned out to be topside! Marbling still fantastic. This recipe calls for a long slow simmer so make sure you use a cut that is up to this, you want it to be unctuous and succulent rather than dry.



Greek Cinnamon Pork and Pasta 
(cheats Hirino Yiouvetsi)

Ingredients





Method






NOM.
I think it would look very nice with some parsley or rocket over the top, but the monkeys will have none of that nonsense. Is your dining experience held hostage by your children? Hmmmm.


Disclaimer: Murray Valley Pork gifted me product but no money, all words and enthusiasm are my own. 

Labels: