Banana Bread for School Lunchboxes

This banana bread is actually a cake, but let's call it a bread OK? That sounds so much healthier. It's perfect for school lunchboxes, being light and fluffy and fresh and delicious! I make another banana bread (actually bread) that is dense with wholemeal flour and pecans and walnuts, but nuts are just not safe for school, and although I prefer wholemeal, my little ones do not.




Banana Bread for School Lunchboxes

Ingredients



Method



Feel free to use SR flour instead of the plain, but make sure you still add the bicarb and baking powder combo to activate the yogurt, this is what makes it super fluffy. I like to slice this into 6-8 cm squares so the kids get a decent wodge of banana bread in their lunch box. It keeps in an air tight container in the pantry for about 5 days.

If you need to test a piece while it's still warm, I can recommend having it in a bowl with some cold custard. 

Yum!

Labels: