Day 6 - Blog every day in may challenge. If you don't have a job, what do you do?
Haha, good question.
Long ago I gave up on the notion that what I 'do' somehow equates to my worth. People are so much more than the pigeon holes they are put in, and I like to think I am too.
I am a mum. I have 3 beautiful children and a work from home husband. A lot of my life is spent running a household - cleaning the bathroom, doing laundry, grocery shopping, cooking, supervising homework, breaking up fights, negotiating bandwidth, providing snacks, singing bedtime songs, being a taxi, hustling the get ready for school routine along..It might not sound glamorous but I am not at all ashamed to say it is the most important thing I do, because my family is the most important thing to me. I don't think I am letting the feminist team down, this is my choice to be a stay at home mum and I love it.
I am a small business owner. Together with 2 friends, Rachel and Cate, we own
Blog Power Events, a company we started last year because we wanted there to be more blogging events in Brisbane. This is an exciting thing to be part of, and we spend a lot of time talking about brands, possible events, short term and long term plans, as well as important things like business strategy and the back end stuff that provides a fledgling business with a solid foundation to thrive.
I am a blogger, duh! I love my little piece of the internet, but I also love visiting other blogs, commenting, joining linky parties, chatting with other bloggers online and in person, and going to blogger events and meet ups. I think this might be the most time consuming hobby I have ever had, yet there is still not enough time!
I like to think I am a writer, or at least a wannabe writer. I write this blog, sometimes I write for commercial blogs, and I write....other things. Other things besides shopping lists and to do lists, one day I may share them with you.
Other things I do include but are not limited to; eating sushi and reading glossy shelter magazines, op shopping and curb shopping, walking by the beach (every day), watching True Blood and Supernatural, gardening, reading and sleeping, volunteering at my children's school, rearranging furniture, painting furniture, designing furniture. I don't get much sleep, but that is par for the course.
So tell me, what keeps you busy all day?
xx