I have never been able to tell any of my children what to wear. Ever. They march to their own fashion tune, and that is fine by me. I think it is a wonderful creative outlet and I applaud their originality.
I'm not even embarrassed anymore.
The Gentleman has a particular love of 'The Dress Up', and this is backed up by a love of all things gun/soldier/warrior/dandy/ show off; and fueled by the kind of bush mechanic genius that can make
anything out of
anything.
It's all in the attitude, and often in the accessories.
Especially the boots, but a peg basket is always handy.
Shop bought dress up attire is an occasional and thrilling treat.
But nothing beats a bit of electrical tape to really get your point across.
Easter hats are a no effort, no brainer, relaxing way to start the day.
It's so much more exciting to make them yourself.
Meeting other dress up fanatics is an absolute joy.
Creating other dress up fanatics is a special project.
Ease in with props, and...
.....actually I don't know what is going on here.
The simplest things make the most spectacular impact!
School sanctioned dress up days are to be savoured.
It pays to be persistent when educating your apprentice. It will pay off in the end!
And then we can all go on to enjoy the simple Dress Up life!
Because a pleasure shared is a pleasure doubled.
Do you have a Dress Up enthusiast in your house? Please share!
xx