Saturday, December 22, 2012

Hello Richard Parker!

Last Monday, Rachel at Redcliffe Style asked me to be her date at the Brisbane Preview of 'The Life of Pi'. OK, I said - but no kissing on the first date. Even observing that rule, I am so glad I went. The movie was incredible! The tickets had been given to her by Nuffnang, so thank you Nuffnang, and thank you Rachel!

via
I had not read the book 'The life of Pi' previously but I wish I had. Not that the movie is unintelligible (at all) it's just that the book has so many layers it would have enriched my understanding of the movie considerably. The movie is not just about a boy stuck on a lifeboat with a tiger, and I suspect the book is not either.

via
The movie was in 3D, and it is no understatement to say that the movie is so visually stunning, it is a veritable eye-gasm. If you don't like movies with layers blah blah blah - just sit there and enjoy the spectacle! There where alot of funny moments, and also a few times when I had to dig deep under my glasses and 3D googles to wipe something out of my eye. At times I gripped my seat and once I even whispered to Rachel 'no freakin way!'

via

So what is the movie really about? There is a twist at the end, and I don't want to give it away, but I think it is safe to say that the story is about an extraordinary boy's understanding of himself, and how he copes with unimaginable trauma.

via

The boy's name is Pi, so who is Richard Parker?

He is the tiger.

xx






 

4 comments:

  1. I read the book a few years ago and couldn't figure out how they would make a movie out of it.

    I'm so looking forward to it though and will try not to make comparisons. It sounds like a wonderful journey and I'm glad you enjoyed it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely review Mrs BC. Geez, nothing worse than getting something in your eye on a first date! LOL Merry Christmas lovey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I will need to read the book.

    I can't 'do' 3D so the movie would be lost on me.

    But I LOVE the tigers name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for being my date, I just wish you wouldn't play so hard to get. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...