 |
| I found this image on face book. The hills are alive! |
This weekend was a frenzy of football finals in Sydney. Besides soccer, most Aussies follow either
Rugby League,
Rugby Union or
AFL. Except me, because I am willfully ignorant about most sport. You could say I was sport challenged. Meh! Whatever, I don't even care.
This weekend was also a long weekend thanks to the Queen having her birthday at some stage. This was awesome, not because I get an extra day off work (stay at home mums work every day) but because the BC Brothers went to stay with their Nanny and Pop for the whole weekend. See? Awesome.
We drove them up in time for Saturday lunch. They where not too happy about being left there, despite the fact that there is a pool at Nanny and Pop's. I think they where upset about leaving the Wii. I felt a bit guilty but Mr BC said that A, we needed a weekend off, and B, they would come home appreciating their mum. Who was I to argue?
- We took a leisurely drive home through the Sunshine Coast, and there was no fighting in the backseat. I even stopped for a diet coke, and didn't have to negotiate any terms.
- On Saturday night we went out for laksa, then to a movie. Just the two of us! No, really - we where the only people in the theatre. We saw The Watch, which was very funny.
- Then we came home and slept all night, without any interruptions.Our sleep banks must have been in deficit, because we slept in the following morning as well.
- We went to the local farmers markets and had a big stroll around the shops. There has been a beautification project going on in our town, and it was lovely to check out all the improvements and browse the stores, before taking our time at the markets. Normally it would be a speed mission of get in-get out, omg put that down now, what do you think you are doing? Can't you wait until we get home? Where is your brother???
- We spent some quality time together, taking the dog for a long walk and house perv session.
- We went to a neighbours housewarming party......
At 7pm we where standing in front of the neighbours house and I said to Mr BC One drink to be polite, then we are leaving.
But we ended up staying until 4.30AM!
Just like teenagers! Except I could do that stuff and get away with it when I was a teenager. Maybe I don't get out much, but the party was brilliant. One half of our new neighbours is Cambodian, and had made a delicious range of traditional Cambodian Curry's, which immediately cured me of wanting to go out for Thai. Their old neighbours made the trek from an hour and a half away to settle them into their new home, and there was 3 generations of them. They where all either Irish or Scots, there was lots of singing and guitar playing. Our Karaoke loving neighbour was also there, and it was lovely to catch up with her. At one stage she popped home and got her bongos. Then another neighbour and his wife gatecrashed, and became the life of the party! This guy is the Brisbane go to guy for ice carving, and had everyone entertained with tales of giant frozen penises that dispensed vodka. We took turns making blender drinks to drink from shot glasses, and i ended up reading someones palm while Iceman's wife sang Alicia Keys with YouTube on the big screen. Thank heavens it was a short walk home, that's all I can say.
I am so glad the boys got home after lunch today, I really needed a quiet morning, after my restful weekend!
xx
Today I am linking up to
ibot. I know, I'm not even a joiner!