|Image via Pinterest|
I am not a camper. Not even 'not a happy camper'. I just don't do it, the end. As a child I camped alot with my family, for long stretches at a time (over a month), & although I have wonderful memories of long stretches of time on beautiful beaches I cannot help but recall other simply horrid aspects. Air beds. Sand in your sheets. Queueing for a cold shower at the concrete amenity block. Wearing the same fucking swimmers every friggen day. Never again.
Mr BC loves camping. He camped alot as a child (mostly in his parents holiday house) & he loves it. Our kids love it. So, this past weekend, Mr BC took the children camping, without me. The downside is that he took the larger car (automatic) & left the smaller car (can't drive a manual). For 2 days, I have been left alone without any means of transport .Tragic?
- Kiss my family farewell, with stern instructions to NOT swim if there are sharks, & be safe at all times.
- Do some yoga with a DVD, then go for a walk.
- Spend approximately 6 hours of uninterrupted laptop time.
- Make a delicious meal of salmon, asparagus & steamed new potatoes, washed down with my special welcome to spring lemon balm infused vodka cocktail. It's my equinox tradition :-)
- Send this photo to my sister, Cheryl, who sends back a photo of defrosting sausages & the message 'I hate you'.
- Do an at home facial, make some body scrub & use it, dye my hair, give my toenails some much needed attention. Send photos to Cheryl, who texts back 'Are you bored yet?' Hell No!
- Watch Practical Magic, The Craft, a Buffy rerun & then an Angel rerun. My idea of TV heaven.
- Go to bed & don't have to share with any other person. I miss Mr BC but not the monkeys lethal elbows.
- Sleep in. Wake up in a bed that contains no wee. That's a little bit of heaven right there. I swoon.
- Go to meet up with some friends for a picnic at the beach. Walk the 20 minutes there, stopping on the way to buy local honey from the farmers market.
- Have a lovely time catching up with old friends, meeting some new ones, eating a delicious shared table of all sorts of goodness including this divine pineapple cake. During this time I am not interrupted by any small children, I do not have to take anyone to the public toilets & argue about why they cannot go into the mens loo by themselves, I don't have to chase anyone around the park, I am not required to break up any fights, & I can have some stimulating adult conversation without interruption.
- Bring a friend home for coffee & garden inspection, more adult conversation.
- Cheryl sends me a text saying she needs a holiday. I reply 'Me too! Exhausted after day at beach!' No reply. Cheryl?
- Make a prawn, avocado salsa salad with dinner, washed down with an icy beer because I was a bit sandy & it felt appropriate. Send photo to Cheryl. No reply...
- Lots more uninterrupted laptop time, before settling in to watch The Big Lebowski. God I love the Dude.
- Go to bed & enjoy same sleeping arrangements as before.
- Wake up very late.
- Decide to share my weekend with you :-) Don't be a hater!
(btw don't forget to enter my giveaway!)