- Ranted & raved at MonkeyBoy & The Gentleman to JUST BEHAVE YOURSELVES & STOP FIGHTING YOU ARE DRIVING YOUR MOTHER INSANE!!!
- Suffered a major guilt trip for complaining that an 8 week school holiday is JUST TOO FRIGGING LONG, when thousands of people in Queensland don't even have a house anymore, due to the floods.
- Took 2 carloads of stuff to a local lady that had organised free container transport to some of the country towns that suffered very badly in the flood. I may have been overzealous, so Mr BC if you are looking for that unopened packet of underwear, you'll just have to go commando. Ditto Teenage Daughter - stop looking for the external laptop speakers, you don't need them anyway.
- Shed tears of pride, when Mr BC & Teenage Daughter came home from Salvation Saturday exhausted & covered in mud. Mr BC was quite emotional at the gratitude shown by the home owners to the volunteers. Teenage Daughter felt empowered that she had been able to help; & also direct people! Apparently there were a dozen guys standing around someones garage leaning on their brooms & Teenage Daughter said 'Well come on, lets get into it! We are here to sweep this mud up' & everyone quickly got to work. Good Work, Sweetheart!
- Went for my twice yearly blood tests wishing I had paid more attention to my diet. This is my year to get fit & healthy, for realz. No, really.
- Hung out & commiserated with other mums at various fast food places, (yes I see the irony, considering the last point) the bowling alley, cafes, the jetty, the park. We have all grit our teeth so much at our beloved children it's a wonder we have any teeth left to grit. I may have danced the Time Warp at disco bowling, but I most certainly did not do the Chicken Dance.
- Carelessly got extremely sunburnt. I'm such an idiot; I have irish ancestry & I live in the sunshine state, for heaven's sake. Now I am going to be all leathery in the decolletage area.
|Steel body brush, anyone? |
Photo from here
- Swam at the local public pool & immediately raced home to shower in disinfectant, a la Silkwood. Ok that may be a bit melodramatic but it was like a giant warm petrie dish of bodily fluids, people! And no one but me seemed to have any consideration for personal space. Ugh. Gross.
- Made Steak Salad, simple, yummy & healthy. Perfect for this hot humid weather. Satisfys everyones dinner time desires - steak & potato for the boys, steak & salad for me, tofu & salad for Teenage Daughter. So easy there is no recipe! Just steam some thickly sliced new potatos, arrange them on a platter. Top that with salad of your choice, something asian-y is good. Finely slice some nicely bbq'ed steak & arrange on top of the salad. Drizzle over dressing of your choice - I used sesame oil, soy sauce, some BBQ duck sauce & a little ginger. Plate the Tofu separately, apparently vegetarians dont like BBQ steak juice in their salad. Who knew?
- Made these Pinwheel Cookies & impressed myself no end. Essentially a basic refridgerator cookie recipe, divided in 2 & cocoa added to 1 half. Roll out the 2 halves flat on top of each other, then roll up like a jelly roll & refridgerate overnight. Cut into thin slices & bake in a medium oven. I want to do these next time with pink coloured dough/ hundreds & thousands dough.
- Was delighted to find that my Little Gem Magnolia had flowered! I have been coddling it along for a few years now, & this is the second flower. The first one flowered & died while we where on holiday, so I missed it. This one was beautiful, it smelled lemony & amazing.
- Took The Gentleman to buy new school shoes, new uniform, new bag, new lunchbox & new drinkbottle. Tommorow I am off to buy contact paper to cover his school books. Because I am extremely joyful to say that School starts back next TUESDAY!! Wooot!! And then the following day is a public holiday. Insert sad face here. Please note that I am not the only mother happy to cancel the fireworks this year.