My sons are blessed with beautiful hair, but are not at all interested in hairbrushes or shampoo. Look at these two mop headed rascals. Monkey boy can hardly see out of his nose length fringe of ranga madness. To be fair, The Gentleman had been wanting a haircut for a while, claiming he looked 'ridiculous'.
So, Mr BC clipped his hair to a number 4 buzz cut, without
breaking the clippers this time..Monkey Boy resisted for a few weeks, claiming he needed to get his hair cut in a 'haircutting shop.' (I know,
fancy) Eventually he agreed to have me cut it, so I grabbed the scissors & went for it, knowing that I only had a 10 minute window before he changed his mind.
Ta-Da!
I was so super chuffed with this excellent haircut (which I seriously had no more than 10 minutes to accomplish)........
that I cut my own hair. I KNOW.
I just really wanted a haircut, & I didn't want to take $70 out of my Christmas budget, & I don't even like going to the hairdresser, I never walk out happy, so.......I know, I know.
I did some Internet research, & just went for it. It's only hair, right? Right?? I wasn't going to take that much off, & it would grow back, right? If I really fucked it up I could just go to the hairdresser & get a proper haircut anyway, so nothing ventured, nothing gained. Right??
 |
| Obviously the boys wanted haircuts because they needed better access to their face... |
Ta-Da!
I love it!
(HUGE sigh of relief)
I hadn't planned on the slight layers on the sides, but luckily I love them. Normally I keep my hair long & scrape it back into a bun or a clip. I always think this is a terrible look for me, but I stick with it because it is easy to do & nice in a subtropical climate, to keep sweaty hair off your neck.
The technique I used was this;
- Wash, towel dry & comb your hair.
- Flip your head upside down & comb out again.
- Using your fingers as a guide, gather all your hair together & cut in a straight line.
- Trim a small amount first, you can always go back & trim more.
- Because your head will be at an angle, you will cut the front part of your hair shorter than the back. If you just want to trim the ends, keep your head way down. The layering along the front of my hair was a happy surprise..
The inspiration for this drastic measure was the photo below. That is me on the far right, wearing white pants & a black shirt. No, not the stylish
Zoe in the white shirt & black pants, I am standing next to her. It was the Hello Blogger Brisbane Meet Up last Sunday, held at Amicis at Southbank. I will blog more about this soon, but right now I just want to show you this photo. I had a great afternoon & thought I looked halfway decent, but then this group photo came out & I thought..
OMG, time for a new hairstyle!
 |
| And obviously a new diet. |
Has a photo ever changed your perception about your appearance? Because I am always horrified..
xx