If you don't have anything nice to say, come & sit next to me.

So..I didn't get to the blogger meet up last Sunday because The Gentleman came down with some sort of fever/nausea/headachey/virus maybe thing. On Monday morning he whispered 'I can't breathe really well Mum, I think I'm going to suffocate.' Straight to the hospital, where we spent most of the day. We came home with the sun after the doctors had decided it might be some sort of virus thing, but take these antibiotics just in case. Poor Gentleman has been home sick allll week. Bored & cranky. Turning on his brother. It's getting ugly.

We finally picked up our car from the panel beaters on Wednesday, to have panels actually falling off it on the short drive home! After many tense phone calls our insurance provider is sending another assessor to check out the car early next week. No doubt he will also cop an earful about the meaning of customer service & quality workmanship. The car is sitting in our driveway because we don't feel safe driving it...

The chaos family has indeed had a run of bad luck lately, & frankly I am over it! I am normally a very cheerful optimistic (maybe sarcastic, but in a light hearted way, surely?) person but this shit is getting me down, man. Everyone is feeding off everyone else's crap mood in a downward spiral of illness, being time poor, cabin fever, not having space to themselves, etc, etc.

Yesterday I was so fed up with every one's crankiness, I cracked it. I was possessed with the 'like attracts like' thought that dirt in the form of germy dust & clutter was attracting dirt in the form of illness, bad luck & frayed tempers, & cleaned maniacally for about 8 hours. I scrubbed the bathrooms, I vacuumed every skerrick of surface I could reach, I changed the bed linen, dusted, cleaned the fly screens, cleaned off the top of the kitchen cupboards then washed & reorganised everything that was up there. (ie it's not back up there) I cleaned the window sills. I delved into forgotten dust trap hideyholes. When I could clean no more I cleansed the house from top to bottom (including it's surprised inhabitants) with blessed salt & water flicked with a large bouquet of basil. Then I sat down & had a glass of wine.

I should have followed up the basil with a smudge stick, because this morning I woke up to find that Monkeyboy had cuddled into my bed during the night, then wet himself, my bed & me. And then I had loud words with Mr BC over some damn fool husband-fail shit he said.

Off to scrub my entryway with 4 Thieves Vinegar now.

xx

PS No, I am not bitter about not being at Blogopolis with the rest of the Aussie blog universe. I sincerely wish you all a great time, & I certainly plan on being there next year. Obviously I won't be driving. Please have a drink for me, you can see I need it.

Labels: ,