Im glad this month is over, it's been full on. Fun, sometimes. Not fun, some of the time.
- My Dad is so far cancer free, & is home snug in his little house on the prairie. His appetite is returning, & he is excited about cooking, & eating. He doesn't need to have radiation therapy, but will still need to go through a lengthy course of chemo. Today he turned 70. Happy Birthday, Dad!
- Monkeyboy & the Gentleman spent 3 days at my inlaws - they where supposed to stay an extra 2 days but must have worn out their poor Nanny, who called to request we pick them up early...Pop was dressed & ready to go to bowls when we got there. He was waiting for us to arrive, so he could leave. They came home loving the phrase 'Poopy Head', which I am sure is not on high rotation at the in laws & cannot think where they picked it up. Usefull, though. Especially in the traffic jam home.
- While they where away, we got heaps of stuff done, drank wine, ate out twice, & slept alot. We also missed them a huge amount. I actually gave myself a stern talking to about separation anxiety. Then I made this & got over it. I made this out of an old skirt of Cheryls (Thanks Sis!), a frame from a truly hideous painting, some wadding, a piece of cardboard from the bottom of a soft drink carton, and plenty of duct tape. I love the material, & I'm glad to be able to see it every day. It's also handy to display my (dangly only) earrings, so I don't forget to wear them. I wish I had made the material tighter over the wadding, but overall I'm enjoying the completed item, & am deriving a ridiculous sense of achievement from something that took hardly any time to make. Look out Etsy, haha. Do you like my Oscar? It says 'Worlds Best Mother'. Best Mothers Day present ever.
- Teenage Daughter & I made homemade muesli, & in a few days I will post the recipe. Yum!
- I finally got around to unpacking the last 6 boxes in Mr BC's work area/study. Then I had stern words with Mr BC regarding his 'filing system'. Do NOT get me started!
- I planted some vegetable seedlings in our new raised vege gardens. This is a project that Mr BC has been building from recycled bricks for ages, & it deserves it's own post, so stay tuned. You can see it uncompleted in the background of the photos of the boys getting their hair cut. Also, I should point out that Mr BC is wearing those clothes for bricklaying, not haircutting purposes. The best part of planting these seedlings happened at Bunnings, after I finally found a box large enough to put them all in. The Gentleman said very loudly "Gee Mum! You sure do have a HUGE box!" Me, giggling nervously, avoiding eye contact with the 4 dozen people standing there smirking; 'Thanks Darling!'
- We aquired 3 guinea pigs, complete with hutch, from a lovely family that recently got a new puppy. The guinea pigs are a mother & 2 daughters, named Milly, Molly & Misty. They look like wowser old biddies, rather than Beatrix Potter sweethearts, so have been renamed Enid, Beverly & Agnes. Agnes is the mum. Beverly makes the most noise & eats the most, way-hey she's a goer! Enid can be a bit 'nibbly' if she is cross. The hutch is painted a lovely Safety Yellow so it wont get run over in the traffic, and I think a repainting excercise is in order ...I'm thinking a nice creamy white with some sort of modernish folk art-like stencilling. Not 80s style at all. The hutch sits in a shady area of our lawn, where I hope one day to plant some Adirondack chairs under the palms. Also to be white as well. Maybe a stencil of Gin & Tonics?
- School holidays are just past the halfway point, & today it stopped raining for the first time. Lucky, because I had a craptastic pile of laundry. Lucky, because I was running out of rainy day holiday activities for excitable boys. I did get extra brownie points for downloading & printing cool Transformer/Airbender/Ben10 colouring in pages. Which got boring after about 45 minutes...
- Tommorow, the beach!