- If you have a secret to make children go to sleep, & then sleep in their own beds, then please please PLEASE send it to me, I beg of you. I dont know how these 2 boys get through their day.....what was I saying? Please slap my face & wake me up, of course I know how they get through their day. They are well rested from sleeping in my bed all night.
- Mr BC & I are installing another shed in our back yard. Just a small one, nestled up to the slightly larger one. It will be filled with all of the bulky stuff that takes up all the room in the 'study'; life jackets, camping chairs, plastic outdoor chairs in case we have lots of people around. We poured the slab on Sunday morning. My job was 'Pitchfork Agitator". True. I was very good.
- My favourite red woollen overcoat has been ravaged by moths. I am heartbroken, I love that overcoat so much, I'm in mourning. I can't bring myself to throw it away. I'm thinking of using whatever delightful red wooliness that is unsullied for some craft ideas I have mentally filed away, for when there is room to swing a cat (or a sewing machine) in the 'study'.
- Oh, I want that shed up & ready for action tommorow!
- The other day, I tripped & fell on the footpath. No, I didnt break a hip, I'm not 80, just clumsy. There was a dip in the level between the footpath & the grass that caught my foot. Anyway.... it was one of those big, theatrical giant ungainly staggering while your arms windmill wildly falls, that ended with me lying on my back, shoes flung far, everything thrown from my handbag, mouth agape while my stricken teenage daughter gasps "Oh my god are you alright???" You know, the kind of fall you should sell tickets to. I was fine, but here is my point; there was a jogger right there at the very moment I fell, who looked right at me & didn't stop. Kept jogging. Made eye contact. Didnt break his stride. This was a fairly upmarket area of Brisbane called New Farm, full of stately homes & beautiful gardens, & frankly I don't care. What an arsehole.
- This Thursday, The Gentleman is going on his first ever school excursion. His class is going to a farm where they can milk a cow, feed a baby goat, shear a sheep, & enjoy a bumpy tractor ride. He is fairly excited, but not excited as all of the mothers in this class. The permission slip noted that 'parents are welcome to attend, however they will have to make thier own way there'. It's probably a 90 minute drive each way. Every single mother, a few fathers, & even a couple of grandparents are all carpooling. I love this school, & this class.
- Today I attempted to make choc chip ANZAC biscuits, but the choc chips melted to make them chocolate ANZAC biscuits. Happy accident? hmmm.
- Today I found out the 'Party House' 3 houses down is for sale. Yay!! Perhaps it will now become the 'Model Neighbour' house instead. The 'lets turn off the lights & go to bed early' house. Hope so!
- Tommorow is my day off, & boy am I looking forward to it. No children or husband in the house, just me, all alone, to do what I want. *Sigh* I will start by going for a walk, then having some sushi for lunch (with a diet coke I can drink all by myself. What luxury) And then? A nap? Some blog time? Shoe shopping?
I'll let you know.