Market Day on Moreton Bay



Every Sunday there is a farmer's market at the end of my street, right next to Moreton Bay. It's beautiful - lots of actual farmers selling fresh fruit & vegetables, the egg man, the cheese guy, olives, pickles, fresh baked goods, assorted clothing & accessories, kitchen stuff, crystals, bonsai, native plants, garden statues, handmade baby clothing, artists selling paintings, some kids toys. It is crowded with locals & tourists drinking fresh coffee, juice or local softdrink, eating dutch pancakes, pasties, charity sausage sizzles, japanese crepes, ice cream or that awesome market pop corn. What do they put in that stuff, besides crack? It's so addictive! All this with the sparkly ocean as a back drop, while some guy in the middle makes music by alternating between a saxaphone & a didgeridoo. It's heaven, & I'm lucky to have it.


The above photo is my weekly average buy of about $40. Please excuse the state of the table top, it needs to be resurfaced, & it will be. But that is a project for when the chaos boys are a bit more responsible.


And that corn? Can I just say? To.die.for.


I have only bought eggs from the egg man once. They where beautiful & fresh with big dark yellow yolks, but then I cracked one that had a double yolk, & I was all bonus! Score! Until I noticed that one of the yolks was a sort of dark grey colour, & was hard. ish. And I almost vomited. And can't bring myself to venture into the world of free range eggs again. Which is a shame, because when I went to use supermarket eggs from our fridge recently, I found this, courtesy of the talented Teenage Daughter.


How am I supposed to crack these?
Lucky I'm such a hard be-otch!

Labels: ,